IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Friday, March 8, 2013

Quick Friday Post

Welp, Friday is officially here. I'm keeping this post short because I have quite a bit to catch up on after an unfortunate event happened this afternoon and put me behind on things. 

After I went to 2 1/2 hours worth of my Aunt Tamie's classes at Gold's Gym this morning, I was in my first ever car accident! (No worries, I'm fine and no other cars were involved). But on my way to go to lunch with my friend, Chelsea, I ended up skidding off the access road into a median. Guess that's what happens when it rains for the first time in months and the roads are slippery. Worst part about it? I was in a loaner car from the Mercedes dealership (No, I unfortunately don't drive a Mercedes, but I had taken my dad's in to get serviced and they gave me a loaner). 

There didn't appear to be much damage to the body of the car, but the tire came off the wheel and the metal part was on the road, so I couldn't drive it. A tow truck came and took it back to the dealership, Chelsea came and got me for lunch, and then my mom ended up picking me up from Chelsea's office after work. Kind of a wasted afternoon, but what can you do? Atleast I still got to have lunch with Chelsea and see her cool office!

Needless to say, it's been a long day. I was planning on running 3 miles this afternoon (along with many other errands and tasks on my to-do list), but nothing got accomplished. Good thing I did get in my morning workout though. Guess I'll just have to tack the 3 miles onto my long run I have planned tomorrow. Yay for another 10+ mile Saturday! 

Regardless of my misfortune, it could have been WAY worse and I'm glad I'm okay and no one else was involved. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend - and a great Spring Break for all of those lucky enough to get one! I'm a bit jealous, but I guess having this week off work counted as mine? I'm ready for new job to start on Monday! 

3/8/2013: Miles run - 177.5 of 1000. Miles remaining - 822.5 of 1000 



No comments:

Post a Comment