IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Post-Half Marathon Workouts

After Saturday's race, I've been taking it easy with my workouts the past few days.

Saturday - I probably should have rested more on Saturday afternoon, but there were DC monuments to see and St. Paddy's activities to participate in. After napping, Jon and I walked about a mile or two to see the Lincoln Memorial. Then, we drove an hour to Baltimore and ended up walking another mile or two from his friends house to all of the bars...A couch would have been nice, but it was still fun!

Sunday - Woke up and could barely move my legs. We drove 4 hours back to Pittsburgh and stayed in the rest of the evening. 

Monday - I wanted to slowly get my legs moving again. We hit up the gym after work and I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the bike. I attempted walking on the treadmill, but my legs weren't having it. They were still too sore to do those motions. 

Tuesday - Jon was able to work from home, so in order to get out of the house and catch a work break, we went for an easy 2 mile run around the neighborhood. It was pretty chilly and windy out, and the hills in his neighborhood were killer. I made sure to take it slow and not push myself too much.

What a route, huh? It was tough getting 2 miles done in such a small neighborhood. We had to keep winding in and out of streets. 

Wednesday (today) - Jon had to go to Oklahoma for the day for work, so I'm stuck inside (with no car) and really want to go for a run. But there's a few reasons why I'm hesitant. 
    - Reason 1 - Last week Jon sold Ol' Reliable on Craigslist, so I no longer have access to a treadmill in the basement. 
    - Reason 2 - It's currently 28 degrees outside. That's way below my temperature liking! First day of Spring my ass. 40's is pushing it...20's is a no go. And also, I'm in an unfamiliar neighborhood in Pittsburgh...it's safe here, but probably not the best for me to go exploring...especially with Jon being out of town. If something were to happen, or I got hurt, I'd be stuck. Of course, his family lives here and they're around, but I just don't want to put myself in that situation. 

So - today will consist of no running. I am debating doing a BodyRock HIIT video workout in the living room or possibly YouTubing some Yoga. My back has really been hurting lately, so Yoga always seems to help in some way. 

Hopefully tomorrow we will be back in the gym and I can get in a good 4-5 miles. I'm getting behind on my mileage!

3/20/2013: Miles run - 205.5 of 1000. Miles remaining - 794.5 of 1000

4 comments:

  1. Brrrr!! I managed to squeeze in 2 miles on Sunday to loosen up before I did some more stretching, but I haven't gotten a single other workout in this week because we are still potty training the puppy and Zach and I kind of have opposite schedules right now. A workout video does sound like a good idea...I could probably pull that off. I might try running in the morning tomorrow while the puppy is sleeping and I have Friday off, so I'm definitely getting back on track this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know HOW you ran sunday! i could barely walk or move. i should have stretched more i'm sure or taken saturday easier. aww puppies are the best! good luck with potty training...atleast you have a running partner now if you want!

      Delete
    2. Well I didn't spend the rest of the day walking around ;).

      Delete
  2. You are awesome for walking that much after the half! I got done ate chicken wings then found the couch! I have stretch and moved but nothing like you! Hopefully this week was better!

    ReplyDelete