IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Everyone Needs a Pizza and Wine Night Every So Often

Yesterday, my stomach wasn't feeling normal and I knew I only had 2 more nights left with Jon before heading back to Austin. I had 5 miles on the agenda, but Jon and I decided to forego the gym and opted for wine and pizza on the couch instead. Am I motivating you yet? :) 

I'm leaving Pittsburgh tomorrow, after being here for two weeks, and my time with Jon is limited. Sometimes the gym or a run isn't always a good fix for everything (even though 95% of the time I believe it is). If we would have been able to run together outside and be in each other's company, we probably would have done so, but it snowed about 6 inches yesterday so that wasn't an option. I love going to the gym with Jon, but we don't do any of the same workouts so we aren't spending time together. 

I decided that spending some quality time together was more important than running 5 miles. I can always swap out rest days or distribute those miles out equally to other days (what's one more mile a day for a few days in exchange for time with a loved one?). Plus, I haven't had a rest day since last Wednesday. 

My last few runs looked like this:
Thursday - 6 miles
Friday - 5 miles
Saturday - 7 miles
Sunday - 4 miles
Monday - Much needed rest! And wine. 

Here's what the rest of my schedule for this week looks like:
Tuesday (today) - 4 miles
Wednesday - Traveling, Rest
Thursday - 5 miles
Friday - 3 miles
Saturday - 7 miles
Sunday - Rest - It is Easter, after all

Next week when I'm home, I'm excited to get back to some classes at the gym! I know I need to incorporate more strength training into my schedule, but I'd rather have an instructor up there telling me what to do versus doing it on my own. 

Hopefully by the end of March, I'll be a quarter of the way done with my goal!

3/25/2013: Miles run - 227.5 of 1000. Miles remaining - 772.5 of 1000

1 comment: