IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Thursday, March 28, 2013

3 Rest Days = Fastest Miles Ever

Apparently 3 days of not running and running outside for the first time in over a week leads to the fastest 2 back-to-back miles I've ever done. I'm not sure what got into me, but here's how my 4 mile run at lunch went:



Previously, my fastest mile ever was 7:40. So beating that AND having a record 2nd mile after that was shocking! Mile 3 was obviously a cool down :) 

I got back into Austin late last night around 11. I miss Pittsburgh and Jon already, but it was nice to be able to run outside in 60 degree weather again. 

Yesterday, I turned the big 2-5. I certainly don't feel a quarter of a century old. I spent most of it traveling anyways, so it didn't really even feel like my birthday. I plan to celebrate it some more this weekend. Tuesday night Jon took me to this really neat restaurant called Kaya close to downtown Pittsburgh. It was a Mediterranean/Caribbean style mix of food. To drink, I ordered the Guavatini - a mix of Bombay Sapphire Gin, St. Germaine, guava, mint, and lime. It was delicious! For dinner, I ordered plantain and corn puree soup and roasted mushroom spaghetti. Jon got the fish tacos. I'm really mad at myself for not taking any pictures, but thankfully Google comes in handy for that!



I would definitely go back there to eat again! I am ready for the weekend.

3/28/2013: Miles run - 231.5 of 1000. Miles remaining - 768.5 of 1000



4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Hope it's a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! Can't wait to hear what the year has in store for you!

    Way to go on the fast miles!!!!

    Zach and I did long distance for about 4 years while we were in undergrad and it was incredibly rough. I am so glad we don't have to do it anymore. I think it definitely made our relationship stronger, though!

    ReplyDelete