IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Monday, March 11, 2013

My First Bulu Box Review

Last week I was excited to announce that I was offered the opportunity to become a Bulu Box Ambassador. I gladly accepted and received my first box last Thursday. 



Here's what I got:

Dream Water - "Dream Water is non-habit forming and offers a an effective way to help get a restful night’s sleep without many of negative side effects associated with several of the OTC and prescription sleep aids on the market. It's available in a 2.5 oz. shot in the great-tasting flavors of Lullaby Lemon w/ hints of tea, Snoozeberry (blueberry and pomegranate flavors) and Pineapple PM." (Source)

My Thoughts - I received the Pineapple flavor and thought the taste was alright. It's great if you have a late night sweet tooth but don't want to add any additional calories to you diet before bed. I feel like it did help me relax before bedtime and helped me fall asleep, but it didn't quite help me stay asleep. You can get a 4 pack for $14.99 at Bulubox.com


ProLab Quick Fire - "ProLab Quick Fire is a powerful pre-training formula that drives explosive training performance ot push your workout to the next level. Its quick loading effects fire up a full range of both mind and muscle energy systems. Each dose helps launch Nitric Oxide fuled blood flow and supplies nutrients to fuel muscle contractions, feed prolonged endurance and heighten mental focus." (Source)

My Thoughts: I added the sample size fruit punch flavored packet to my water bottle before taking 2 1/2 hours of my Aunt Tamie's classes at the gym on Friday. Considering I had a small breakfast, I definitely think this helped me push myself and keep me fueled to make it to the end. Even though I'm not a fan of many fruit punch flavored products, this one actually tasted a bit like bubble gum (not as sweet, but still a hint of it), so I didn't mind it at all. You can get a large 130g container for $10.99 at Bulubox.com (that's a great deal!).


Redd Remedies atEASE PM - "A good night’s sleep is as important to health as a good diet of nutritious foods and exercise. Sleep presents the body an opportunity to repair and rebuild. It also gives the mind an opportunity to process the stresses and events of the day. While we may focus on sleeplessness and restlessness at night, sleep problems can actually begin during the day. Anxiety and nervous tension are some main causes of restlessness.

At Ease PM™ has 4 key functions that provide a wonderful night’s sleep:
  • Promotes neurotransmitter balance
  • Promotes healthy brain function
  • Calms nervous tension at bedtime
  • Promotes restful sleep" (Source)
My Thoughts: I took this little pill in conjunction with the Dream Water, so I'm not sure which one actually had an affect on my ability to fall asleep quickly. I'm sure they both contributed, but I can't quite give this a fair review. I wish the sample size would have been more so I could have tried it out for a 2nd night without the Dream Water. You can get this for $25.99 for 50 capsules on Bulubox.com


AeroShot Energy - "AeroShot is the revolutionary new way to get your energy. It delivers a unique blend of caffeine and B vitamins with natural lime, raspberry, or green apple flavor in a fine powder that you draw into your mouth and swallow. So you get a quick boost of energy that starts working right away." (Source
)

My Thoughts: This simply felt like shooting flavored chalk into your mouth. It comes in a dispenser that pumps out a powdered form of B vitamins and 100mg of caffeine onto your tongue. It's an interesting and creative new way to take a supplement, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan. I received the raspberry flavor, which was pretty tasty. I just wasn't expecting a mouth full of a chalk-like substance to come out. You can get this for $2.99 for a dispenser on Bulubox.com.


iTrain $50 Gift Card - "Jam-pack your MP3 player with workouts from the premier source for downloadable fitness programs featuring the best music and top celebrity trainer voice-overs. Try iSculpt and iStretch to keep fit and flexible!"(Source)

My Thoughts: This is kind of like having a personal trainer right in your ear. If you like having a fitness coach guide you through workouts and tell you what exactly you need to do, then iTrain is a great program for you! I went to the website and browsed around a bit. I have yet to redeem my gift card because I'm not sure which workout I want. Good thing is, the workouts range in prices starting around $9 a program, so I could pick multiple ones if I'd like to use my gift card up. Since I'm training for the half marathon this Saturday, I've remained super focused on only running. But I think after next week, I'll select a workout or two, use my gift card, and check out a variety of other exercises out there other than running (but don't worry, I'll still get my run on for my goal!). 


QSpeed CoQ10 100 mg - "QSpeed™ is a delicious, natural-orange flavored, sugar-free fast-melt tablet that melts in your mouth in seconds. It is formulated with only the highest quality of naturally fermented Coenzyme Q10. Utilizing patented fast-melt technology, QSpeed™ in a clinical study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition has been shown to support exercise performance and to increase muscle CoQ10 concentration. QSpeed™ CoQ10 fast-melt tablets also support heart health and enhance cellular energy production." (Source)

My Thoughts: I HAVE to be honest here and say I haven't gotten a chance to test this out yet. I didn't want to mix it with the Prolab Quick Fire I took on Friday before the gym and I was a little under the weather this weekend so I wasn't able to get another intense workout in, so if I would have taken this, it would have been wasted. I will take it tomorrow before my 4 mile run and let y'all know my thoughts. But you can get 40 tablets for $24.95 on Bulubox.com.

If you don't want to purchase the products separately, you can sign up for their monthly subscription box like I do and get similar sample products delivered right to your door. It's only $10/month - a great deal!

If you use the code BULUGAN879 at checkout, you can get the first month FREE (a savings of $10)! 


3/11/2013: Miles run - 183.5 of 1000. Miles remaining - 816.5 of 1000 






No comments:

Post a Comment