IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Friday, March 15, 2013

Carb Loading

What do I love most about preparing for races? Carb loading the day before! I have been craving carbs intensely this week, so I gave in and just ate them because I knew I'd need the energy for tomorrow's half marathon in DC. I'm filling my muscles to the brim with Glycogen! Let's see, I had pasta on Tuesday (haven't had pasta in months!), a big turkey sandwich on Wednesday, chicken mole enchiladas last night (I cannot pass up mole...even if it is at a Mexican restaurant in Pittsburgh), and sushi today for lunch (tons of rice). I'm definitely staying off the scale for a few days!

I did an easy 3 miles last night on the treadmill and taking today off to rest. I'm ready for tomorrow! Jon and I are off to DC in about 2 hours. Everything is packed and I'm crossing my fingers I didn't forget anything. The hotel doesn't start serving breakfast until 7am, so since I'm planning to be out there by 6:45ish, we're going to need to stop for groceries!  A good breakfast is essential.

On a side note:

Has anyone else notice the new fancy Mileage Tracker plug-in I installed a few weeks ago to the right of this post?

Dailymile.com is awesome! It's a great alternative to my iExcel sheet I have been using to track my mileage. Plus, it's pretty :) 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Wish me luck and pray it doesn't rain too much.


3/15/2013: Miles run - 190 of 1000. Miles remaining - 810 of 1000

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your race and enjoy the D.C. area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool plug-in! I think all 23,000+ of our non-rain dances worked!!

    ReplyDelete