IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Friday, August 1, 2014

August's Goal: Alcohol Free August

Happy Friday!! 

I can't believe it's already August...this year has flown by. 

With that said, it's time for another monthly goal in 2014!

July's Water Challenge was successful for the most part. I kept track daily and tried to aim for 90-95 ounces each day using my handy iPhone app. It's no longer July, but I just caught myself tracking my intake today...a new habit maybe? It was a breeze during the work week, but a little tougher on the weekend...mainly because I was consuming other types of beverages instead...

Which is exactly why this month's goal could not have come at a better time. 

Alcohol Free August. 

I've attempted this many times before and was only 100% successful one time in college (it was a February...the shortest month of the year...go figure). 

If it weren't for alcohol, I would have a six-pack. Seriously. Insanity has kicked my butt and all of my other muscles groups (arms, legs, butt, back, etc.) are toned and strong. The stomach, eh, it could be better. And I blame YOU, alcohol. 

I know it's going to be tough. Weekly happy hours, girls nights, wine with my parents, pool day refreshments - they will all have to be on hold for 30 days. I'm hopeful my friends will understand (and possibly join me). Let's just say I'm prepping myself and my liver for football season :) 

So there you have it - no strict diet goal, no detailed workout plan. Just abstaining from certain drinks. How hard can it be?

On a side note, I have a few other mini goals this month:

- I put my cable on hold for the month. I decided I've been wasting too much of my life watching other people's lives on TV. I need to get out there and start living mine. 

- With all the free time I'll have from no TV or going out drinking, I'm aiming to cook one new recipe a week. I always cook the same things every week and I'm getting tired of it. I never "had time" (AKA my favorite TV shows were on) to research new recipes, go to the store to buy those items, and cook them. If it takes longer to make it than to eat it, I typically won't do it. That will change this month. 

- Mix up the workouts. After 60+ days of Insanity, I'm SOOOOOO bored and ready to have freedom in my workout routines. As much as I enjoy having a plan, it's also great to not have one at times. I'm ready to start running again and hopefully hit up my gym to lift weights and get buff. With all this extra free time, I'm hoping to attend a few group classes each week...you know, to be social and all.  

I still have 2 days of Insanity left (it's a 63 day program), so I'll be posting my review and results next week. 

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment