IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Friday, August 29, 2014

Alcohol Free August Recap

Happy Friday!

So, I'm a failure. I completely bombed Alcohol Free August...okay, not completely, but I did drink. Who didn't see that coming, right? 



That being said, I did make it 14 straight days without a drop. Then I had a fun outing planned with some girl friends on August 14th, where I was okay with having a "cheat night." I knew about this night going into my monthly goal, so I had already planned on it happening. This night was going to be one and done. Or so I thought.

Basically, after that evening, I told myself I had ruined my progress and rounded out the rest of August without a care in the world (I don't recommend this mindset). A cheat night turned into a cheat weekend, which turned into I really don't care anymore. 

I will say this...there were only 4 times the entire month where I drank more than 1 alcoholic beverage. Impressed? Small victories, people. The other few times I did have alcohol, only one drink was consumed (i.e. a work happy hour cocktail, a glass of wine with dinner, one margarita with Tex Mex, etc.). All in moderation. 

I'll be posting September's goal next week. I'm pretty excited about it. It does involve cutting back on alcohol again, but come on, it's football season...the likelihood of that happening is slim. 

And on that note: Hope everyone has a great Labor Day Weekend! Stay safe and don't drink too much ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment