IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tuesday At Home Workout

Can I just say how happy I am to be done with Insanity? It was an amazing workout and got me into great shape, but I could not wait to finish the 63 day program so that I could get back into the gym and do my own thing. 

This morning I woke up with some excitement to hit up my apartment gym (does that make me weird?)

Other than cardio machines, my complex only has 3 other weight-related machines, so I had to deal with what was provided. I was so ready to lift some iron...sometimes body weight just isn't enough. Below is the workout I completed this morning.

A few of the exercises do involve certain machines, so if your gym does not have these, you can always exchange certain moves for your favorite ones (or see the alternate options below the photo). I focused mainly on arms and core this morning, with a few leg sets thrown in...I'm going to run stairs this evening so I didn't want to wear them out too much. 

The weight amounts are what work for me, so obviously, adjust the weight to your liking. 


Here are the workouts that required a machine. Many subsitutes are available, but here are a few options (with some how-to videos):
 -Lat Pulldowns - Flat Dumbbell Chest Press
 -Seated Rows - Bent Over Barbell Rows
 -Leg Curls - Standing Leg Curls
 -Rear Delts - Flat Dumbbell Flies
 -Leg Extensions - Standing Leg Extensions

After all was said and done, this took me about 45 minutes to complete, including the 10 minute treadmill warm up and short breaks in between sets.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment