IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Just Keep Swimming

I wanted to change things up this morning. I get bored easily (I'm surprised I made it through 63 days of Insanity), so in order to avoid weight room redundancy, I decided to throw on my one piece from high school (genuinely shocked it still fit...that was 8 years ago, people!), grab my goggles and a towel and headed to my apartment complex pool at 6:30 this morning. Call me a rebel, but the pool technically isn't open until 8. Oh well! No one was awake anyways. Pretty killer view of downtown Austin, huh? 



I went into it unsure how my body would keep up. I haven't really swam laps for a workout since I was a lifeguard in high school. I went into thinking "10 laps...that should do it." After I finished the 10 laps, I realized it only took me about 15 minutes and I had another 30 minutes to kill. That's when I started to get a little more creative.

Below is the workout I finished this morning. It took me around 40 minutes to complete. I did take a minute or so rest in between sets. 

*Note: I forgot to add "Repeat Set 3x" on Set 3...that'll show me to not close a window before saving. So do Set 3, 3 times. 




Happy Swimming! 



2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!! Isn't swimming kind of fun and a nice change up from the norm? I like your other workouts incorporated into your swimming workout too. That does break it up quite a bit! How's alcohol free august going?? It's so hot. Aren't you craving a beer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun! And it's nice to workout and not sweat haha

      Alcohol free August is going...13 days strong so far haha I'm not craving a beer as much as I am wine or a margarita, but I definitely feel better overall. It's nice not waking up hungover or bleh and I can tell a difference in my skin too!

      Delete