IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Back to Running

Lately, I've been trying to ease my way back into my usual running groove. After preferring to stay indoors and beat the heat during June & July by completing Insanity, I need to start logging the miles now. 

I have a few upcoming races I've already registered for, with the next one being a half marathon in Las Vegas in November. This gives me about 2 solid months to get my mileage back up. I'm not necessarily out of shape, but it will still take me a few weeks to get back to where I was earlier in the year. I have another half in January and one already set for June 2015 (in Liverpool...more on that soon)! 

Until recently, I hadn't run one mile since May. That's quite the break! But I needed it. It's always a good idea to switch things up and take breaks so you don't burn yourself out. It was also a welcome hiatus for my knee. 

I've kept track with my "daily mile" app and surprisingly, I've only run 203 miles in 2014. This time last year, I was probably close to 75% of the way through my goal and nearing the 750 mile mark. I'm thinking I'll hit close to 500 miles this year. 

August is still extremely hot here in Texas, but I've decided to just deal with it, go in the evenings, and start slow with short distances. My plan is to stick with 3-4 mile runs 3-4 times a week, where hopefully it'll help me slowly get back up to 5-6 mile runs once it eventually cools off within the next few months (with longer runs on the weekends). 


No comments:

Post a Comment