IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Stairs

If you're looking to mix up your cardio game and build up your leg strength at the same time, might I suggest running stairs? It's an extremely effective way to get your heart rate up while also working your leg and glute muscles. 

Yesterday, my friend Ashley and I, drove about 10 minutes from my apartment to one of the highest points in good ol' Austin, Texas. Mount Bonnell is a popular tourist destination for both locals and visitors. It's known by many as quite the romantic date-night spot and has amazing views overlooking the Lake Austin portion of the Colorado River. It's about 780 feet above sea level...talk about altitude man! See, not all of Texas is flat. :) 

There are 100 stone steps up to the top and 100 (slightly scary ones) back down. Ashley and I completed 10 full reps. You can do the math. 

This is my third time going and I really enjoy it. It's good people watching and it can be completed rather quickly (20-30 minutes). Plus you get to end it with a really great view! 





No comments:

Post a Comment