IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Weekly Workout Roundup (Week Four)

Well - I have officially failed at my 30-days of yoga challenge. I knew it'd be tough with a 5-day ski trip scheduled this month. I was willing to attempt yoga in Colorado, but it just never happened. The half marathon last Sunday also screwed me up because I was so beat and sore to do anything for a few days after. 

Oh well - I completed 18 days in a row, which is still an accomplishment in my eyes. 

Even though yoga didn't make it into this week's workouts, I still managed to work up a sweat in other ways. 

Week Four Recap:

Thursday: Apartment Gym 

                      15 minute treadmill warm-up 
                      3 different arm weight machines (3 sets of 12 on each machine)
                      2 different leg weight machines (3 sets of 12 on each machine)
                      7 minute workout app
                      10 minute elliptical cool-down

Friday: Ski


Saturday: Ski


Sunday:  Ski


Monday: Travel - No workout


Tuesday
Apartment Gym 

                      15 minute treadmill warm-up 
                      3 different arm weight machines (3 sets of 12 on each machine)
                      2 different leg weight machines (3 sets of 12 on each machine)
                      7 minute workout app
                      10 minute elliptical cool-down


I'm not sure what my Wednesday workout will entail tonight. We have a work meeting and happy hour this evening so it all depends on what time I get home. 

Hopefully I'll do better in my February challenge - Go Gluten Free! My coworker, Erica, is going to do it with me. If anyone else is up for the task, let me know and we can help keep each other accountable.  

I didn't eat that great on the ski trip, so I just ordered a 3-day Juice Cleanse from a local juice shop in Austin. I'll be starting next Monday and will definitely make sure to share my experience and results. I've never done one before, so I'm pretty excited! 

In addition to going Gluten Free in February, I'm really excited to have some freedom in selecting my daily workouts. I really missed having time for strength training and interval workouts last year, so I'm ready to get back to incorporating those into my routine. 

I will of course still be running...I have another half marathon in 25 days, as well as 2 more in March (including the Biggest Loser Half, which you can run with me at a discounted rate.  If you're interested in racing it with me you can register online at www.biggestloserrunwalk.com and use the code "BLOGAUSTIN99" at checkout for 20% off.) 

Happy Hump Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment