IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weekly Workout Roundup (Week Two)

After tonight's class at Wanderlust, I will have completed 14 days in a row of yoga! It only takes 21 days to make something a habit, but I already feel a little addicted to it. My day almost feels incomplete if I don't take time to do some yoga. 

I've also come up with a few goals within this goal. By the end of this month, I want to be able to do a back-bend and a forearm handstand. Both take a lot of core, arm, and back strength. I'm slowly gaining some of those muscles by doing the YoStrong class and using hand weights, but it's definitely not as easy as it sounds. 

Week Two Recap:

Thursday: YoStrong @ Wanderlust - 60 minutes, heated, with weights

Friday: Bittersweet Yoga @ Wanderlust - 60 minutes, not heated, no weights 

Saturday: YoStrong @ Wanderlust - 60 minutes, heated, with weights
                   Run - 65 minutes (7 miles), outdoors

Sunday:  Daily Yoga iPhone App @ Home - 45 minutes, not heated, no weights

Monday: Daily Yoga iPhone App @ Home - 40 minutes, not heated, no weights

Tuesday: YoStrong @ Wanderlust - 60 minutes, heated, with weights

Wednesday: Intermediate Vinyasa @ Wanderlust - 75 minutes, not heated, no weights

I haven't been running quite as much as I've wanted to, especially with the 3M Half coming up on Sunday (yeahhhh...as in 5 days away). I was able to go for a somewhat long run on Saturday so I wouldn't feel as far behind in training as I actually am...but I know that I'm still nowhere close to being prepared for this race. Once again, I'm so happy the course is all downhill! 

Since my February and March goals are diet related (Gluten Free & Keeping a Food Journal) and they don't involve workout-related goals, I will definitely have more time to get back into running so that I'll be properly trained for my other upcoming races:

CowTown Half Marathon in Fort Worth - February 23rd
Bearathon Half Marathon in Waco - March 22nd
Biggest Loser Half Marathon in Austin - March 30th
LifeTime Fitness Indoor Mini-Triathlon in Austin - April 27th

There is a Mud-Run I'm looking into signing up for in May - who wants to do it with me? I hear having a team is the way to go for those. 

Happy Hump Day


2 comments:

  1. Good luck at your half marathon!! Can't wait to read a recap! You are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete