IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Goals

Let's face it - many New Year's resolutions are hard to keep...especially if they're year-long goals. I learned that from this last year. Yes, I completed it, but it was still pretty hard to do at times. Keeping motivation up throughout an entire year is tough and it can get a little boring at times. 

That's why for 2014 I have decided to mix it up and do 12 individual monthly goals instead of one lofty year-long goal. 

Most of these goals won't be measurable or a numbers game like my 1,000 miles; rather, it's more of an experiment to try new things, see how my body responds, find out what works and discover what I like or dislike while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

     Here is a list of my monthly goals for 2014:

January – 30 days of Yoga and/or Pilates, Daily Meditation
February – Go Gluten Free 
March – Keep a Food Journal 
April – Alcohol Free April
May – Do Insanity
June – Do Insanity 
July – Try being a Vegetarian
August – No sweets or processed sugar
September – Attempt the Paleo diet
October – Water challenge (drink half my weight in ounces a day)
November – No eating out
December – Squat/Ab challenge

I'll go into more detail about each goal as the month approaches. 

In addition to these challenges, I am also aiming to run 1 race per month. I really do want to keep running, so this goal will help me stick with it. It doesn't have to be an intense race..."fun runs" and 5k's can count too.

I already have the 3M Half Marathon coming up in 3 weeks, so that covers January. I have the BiggestLoser RunWalk Half Marathon in March, and I signed up for an indoor mini-triathlon at Lifetime Fitness in April. However, I still need to find one for February. If anyone knows or recommends a race in the Austin area, let me know! 

I'd love for people to join me in my monthly challenges. It's always great to have a support system. Let me know if you'd like to join in with me on any of the monthly goals! 


No comments:

Post a Comment