IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Weekly Workout Roundup (Week One)

Happy Hump Day!

Every Wednesday, I'm planning on recapping my yoga workouts from the prior week. 

After this evening's class, I will have completed 7 days in a row of yoga...and so far, I am loving it! Already, my back feels so much better, my posture is more aligned, and I feel more relaxed and at ease throughout the day. 

Side note: I haven't had one sip of alcohol since New Years Eve. I bet that has something to do with how great I feel...along with a normal, non-holiday eating schedule. 

Week One Recap:

Thursday: YoStrong @ Wanderlust - 60 minutes, heated, with weights

Friday: Bittersweet Yoga @ Wanderlust - 60 minutes, not heated, no weights 

Saturday: YoStrong @ Wanderlust - 60 minutes, heated, with weights
                   Run - 30 minutes, outdoors

Sunday: Jillian Michaels Yoga @ Home (YouTube) - 30 minutes, not heated, no weights
                 Daily Yoga iPhone App @ Home - 15 minutes, not heated, no weights
                 Run - 30 minutes, outdoors

Monday: Daily Yoga iPhone App @ Home - 45 minutes, not heated, no weights

Tuesday: YoStrong @ Wanderlust - 60 minutes, heated, with weights

Wednesday: Intermediate Vinyasa @ Wanderlust - 75 minutes, not heated, no weights

I am alternating days of the heated sessions because I really lose a lot of water in sweat during those classes. I am doing my best to stay as hydrated as possible.

I'm also trying to squeeze in a few runs throughout the week to keep in somewhat decent running shape. The Austin 3M half marathon is coming up in 10 days, and I'm a little nervous about it because I haven't ventured out on a long run in a while. Hopefully the whole "fresh legs" theory will come into play during the race. 

I haven't decided if I want to have a specific goal to finish under a certain time or if I'd rather just say I want to run the entire thing (without walking) and finish it under some crazy slow time. Thankfully, the entire race is downhill. 



In the back of my mind, I want to keep it under 2 hours, but that barely happened in May during the Pittsburgh Half (when I was actually training), so I'm not sure how realistic that goal might be. 

I know the whole 1,000 mile goal has passed and ended, but I received an email from my mileage tracker (Dailymile.com) with my 2013 training recap. I got pretty again excited when I saw it: 
http://www.dailymile.com/people/kelsierakay/training/2013/summary

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! Stay warm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment