IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New Shoes!

Lately, my left knee has been bothering me during my past few runs. It doesn't hurt while walking or bending it, just when I'm running. I thought it was maybe the weather last week (rainy and cold) but unfortunately, it turns out it wasn't and I may have a real issue. 

I rested it Friday and Saturday and ran thru it on Sunday for the Capitol 10000, however the pain wasn't that bad because I was running slowly and walking some of it. I rested it yesterday and today and it feels fine right now...I was tempted to do an easy 2 miles at lunch but forced myself to hold back and rest some more. I've been icing it and using Icy Hot, and I'm hoping it isn't anything too serious.

I can't think of a specific time when it started hurting. Never a moment where I was like "Ouch, that wasn't right!" So this got me thinking that maybe it's time for a new pair of shoes! I've had my Under Armour ones since Christmas and they have almost 300 miles on them (not including the times when I wear them when I'm not running...a no-no, I know). It's about time for a new pair. Thankfully, mom took me to Rogue Running here in Austin to get a new pair for my birthday a few days ago. They ordered me a pair of the Brooks Launch and just called me today to let me know they've arrived! I'm excited to go pick them up this evening after work and test them out tomorrow. Hopefully it clears up my knee problem. 


Aren't they pretty!


4/9/2013: Miles run - 265 of 1000. Miles remaining - 735 of 1000

No comments:

Post a Comment