IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Abs and Arms April

Happy Hump Day! It's a bit dreary and depressing outside today. Since it's 50's and raining, I opted for a treadmill run. Am I the only one whose joints hurt when the weather is like this? Old Lady over here! I started running today and my left knee was killing me! It felt like it needed to pop. It was fine yesterday after my run, last night, and this morning...but as soon as I started moving, it was saying "STOP!" I had 3 miles scheduled but I was only able to complete 2.5 today and a bit of that was walking. I didn't want to push myself too hard and really tweak my knee, so I took it easy. 

So I'm a big fan of alliteration. Therefore, I deem this month "Abs and Arms April." Don't worry, I'll still be running just as much, but I really need to start toning up the other areas of my body (bathing suit season is right around the corner and Jon and I have a Florida trip planned in May). 

I'm not going to be doing any extreme workouts, like Insanity or P-90X, but just a little more strength training than usual to start the toning process. I plan on incorporating some kind of small workouts into every day this month to work my arms and core muscles. These will be small changes and I will only be using body weight and/or my 8 pound dumbbells (impressive, huh?). I took a "before" picture this morning (even though we're already 3 days into April and I'm a bit late) and will make sure to take an "after" at the end of April to share.  


This is me before...just kidding...kind of..


4/3/2013: Miles run - 251.5 of 1000. Miles remaining - 748.5 of 1000 

No comments:

Post a Comment