IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New Shoes Review

Yesterday, my new shoes came in and I was excited to pick them up at the running store and try them out today. I was expecting the yellowish/green color shoes I posted yesterday because that's what the girl told me I'd be getting. Turns out those are the men's style, so I got the teal and purple ones instead...oh well! I don't buy running shoes for their colors I guess...

I haven't had an intense run in over a week due to my knee acting up, so I was excited to get back on it today. Unfortunately, mother nature was not a friend of mine and decided to drop 20 degrees in 2 hours and downpour with some intense rain this morning...I was chained to the treadmill! 

I have to be honest...I was a bit nervous with this run because I have rested my knee pretty well throughout the past week and I crossed my fingers that the pain wouldn't come back as soon as I took my first few strides. Thank God I was pain free! The new shoes felt great and my knee was back to normal. I still wanted to take it somewhat easy today on my first day back, so I completed an easy 3 miles during my lunch break. 


I need a tan...

Pretty!

First pair of Brooks ever - I'm a fan!


4/10/2013: Miles run - 268 of 1000. Miles remaining - 732 of 1000

2 comments: