IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Thursday, October 17, 2013

What I Wore for the Weather on Wednesday

After yesterday's post about the climate change and picking appropriate running attire for it, I thought I'd share how yesterday's run actually went down. 

The rain let up in the afternoon so I was able to run outside. Yay for no treadmills! I still avoided my normal dirt trail because I knew it'd be muddy and opted for another neighborhood (pavement) route. I'll be back on the trail this afternoon...the sunshine is back!

Since it wasn't freezing, I decided to meet myself halfway - cold weather capris on bottom, warm weather tank on top. I usually just run in a sports bra so I thought actually wearing a shirt might help keep me a bit warmer than usual. I stepped outside and was immediately cold for the first mile (as I alluded to yesterday). But after a good warm-up I felt great and immediately applauded myself for my choice in apparel. I started sweating a tad about 2 miles in and I didn't mind it one bit. I actually want to sweat on my runs because, to me, that means I'm working hard. It was a nice sweat though...not like usual, where I look like I just jumped into a swimming pool. 

The weather definitely makes a difference in my pace. The past few months, I've had a slower pace than usual, which I contribute to the heat and not wanting to overwork/overheat myself (aka die). This run was the first 6 miler I've had under an hour since I started running outside again in mid-August. 

40 more miles until I'm under 200 to go! I should hit that by the end of next week. 


10/17/2013: Miles run - 760 of 1000. Miles remaining - 240 of 1000

No comments:

Post a Comment