IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mid-Month Update

We are officially halfway through October! Now that the end is near and in sight, I'm going to try and update the blog a little more often than once a month. 

Mileage update: 
After my I complete the 7 mile run I have planned for this afternoon, I will hit 754 miles. 

With 76 days left in the year (yikes!) and 246 miles left, I will need to average 3.2 miles per day, or 22.6 per week. 

Lately, I've been running 5-7 miles a day while taking a day or two off on the weekends, which has been putting me around 25 miles a week. My short-term goal is to get under the 200 mile marker by the end of the month. 46+ miles in 15 days...easy! 

My knee has been feeling alright lately. I am still wearing the brace and it has yet to prevent me from running. 

The weather is finally cooling off and it is amazing. It's still hot enough to break a good sweat, but I no longer feel like I'm dying when I run outside. It's a great feeling :) 

I would like to say that after I'm done in December that I'll take a break from running to rest my body, but I signed up for the 3M Half Marathon in Austin on January 19, so I definitely won't stop running for a while after this...I just won't be keeping track of it all. 

Running is a big part of my life now and nothing else makes me feel quite as good as I do after a run. 

Evening though running is my personal favorite, one thing I do miss is having the time and ability to switch up my workouts and do other activities. When I worked from home at the beginning of the year, I had time to run and do strength training, gym classes, yoga, Insanity, etc. But now that I work 9-5, my time is limited and I only have time to run and focus on this goal. I can't wait to mix it up a bit and work other parts of my body. 

I do enjoy having a goal and I have started thinking about what my next one will be in January. It definitely won't be to run 2000 miles next year, that's for sure! 

New goal ideas: 
-Complete the entire 8 week Insanity program (I did about 2 weeks back in May and had some decent results). I think doing those DVDs in January & February would be great because it's usually too cold to do anything outdoors. 

-Do yoga every day for 30 days. I have quite a bit of back pain and posture issues, so I know I'd see some improvement with yoga. Plus, it's low impact, which sounds very beneficial for my knees right about now. 

-Train for a mini-triathlon. There are many options out there with various distances to pick from. Swimming and biking are great workouts in addition to running, so I feel like this would be a great goal to have so that I can switch up my routine and not get bored with just one thing. Now I just have to buy a bike! 

What are some goals you've set for yourself? I may steal them! 

10/15/2013: Miles run - 754 of 1000. Miles remaining - 246 of 1000

No comments:

Post a Comment