IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Reebok Spartan Race

Last week, I was approached by Spartan Race Inc. to help promote their 2013-2014 season of races! 


Spartan Race has been voted the #1 obstacle race by Outside Magazine and they are the global leader in obstacle racing since 2005.

Spartan Race is on a mission to get people active, healthy, excited about change, and return to our ancient roots where running through woods, getting dirty, and facing adversity was part of everyday life. Their events are all about challenging today’s perception of normal and getting people out of their comfort zone (like running through fire?).

                             

Spartan Race has a level for everyone, beginning with the entry level Spartan Sprint (3 miles + 10 obstacles), intermediate level Super Spartan (8 miles + 15 obstacles), the advanced Spartan Beast (10 miles + 18 obstacles), and the ‘99.9% need not apply’ extreme level Death Race (48 hour race thru hell). 

Whatever your level, Spartan Race will test your strength, stamina, and sense of humor.


They have races in the US, UK, and Canada! You can find one in your area by going here.

Unfortunately, the Austin-area race has already passed, so I won't be able to participate this year. 

But lucky for you, the lovely people at Spartan Race have offered to give away one free race entry to one of my readers! So if you're up for a challenge and see a race coming your way in the next few weeks/months, leave me a comment and I'll randomly select and announce a winner next week!. 

5/22/2013: Miles run - 346 of 1000. Miles remaining - 654 of 1000

3 comments:

  1. you can pick me, I wouldn't mind :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer you missed out on it! I'd never turn down a free race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to win an entry! They are doing a Spartan Sprint at Fenway that I REALLY want to do! Everything is better at Fenway when you are from Boston

    nlbourassa (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete