IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Monday, May 27, 2013

Insanity Week 2 Results

Two weeks ago I started Insanity to get bathing suit ready for my upcoming trip to Florida on Thursday. I knew it was going to be tough, but worth it. I wasn't sure what kind of results to expect, but after only 2 weeks, I've noticed some huge changes! And I love it! I was only planning on doing 2 weeks worth of the workout, but now I think I may just stick with it and do all 60 days to see what changes I can make to my body.

I completed the 1st Fit Test 2 weeks ago. I finished my 2nd Fit Test this morning. I was pretty shocked by the results:


You get 60 seconds to do as many reps as possible, with about a minute water break in between each. I was thrilled with my results and can't imagine how many I'll be able to do in the next 14 days. 

The workout also has you take measurements to see your progress:


I can tell the biggest difference in my stomach and thigh area. While I have only lost 2lbs, I know I have gained muscle and I'm completely okay with the number on the scale not moving much. 

I'm not a huge fan of posting body pictures, but the results are the best part right? Seeing where you started and how far you've come is one of the main motivators to keep going. 


I'm starting to see teeny tiny abs peek thru! 

I am still running and working towards my 1,000 mile goal, but it has been tough balancing both workouts. There's been days when I tried to go running after doing Insanity, but my legs were shot and so tired that I couldn't pull out more than a mile or two. I really want to get close to 500 miles by the end of June (halfway point) but I'm not sure that'll happen. My knee is doing much better now, but that injury in April really set my back a bit! 

5/27/2013: Miles run - 359 of 1000. Miles remaining - 641 of 1000



No comments:

Post a Comment