IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Monday, February 18, 2013

A 14 Mile Weekend

Happy Monday, Y'all! Hope you had a great weekend. Mine was productive, yet relaxing. 

Saturday was another two-a-day run. I did 3 miles around my neighborhood in the early afternoon and another 4 in the evening with my mom. After her first running trail experience on Thursday, she wanted to go back for more! This time, she was determined and I was even more impressed than before. I guess the running bug bit her because she went out and bought new running shoes and shorts. Once we hit the trail, she ran the first 1.25 miles without stopping! I was so proud. We then walked less than 1/4 mile and were back at it. All in all, she probably ran about 3-3.5 mile out of the 4 total. And we got her down to an 11:20 min/mi. MUCH improved from Thursday's 12:30 min/mi. Progress! 

On Sunday, I went out for a solo run. The weather was perfect and I went running in a new neighborhood, so it was a nice change of scenery and people watching. I completed 7 miles in 1:08. Somewhat slow, but that was my first time running a straight 7 miles. I usually only do 5-6, or I'll split it up into 2 runs throughout the day. I was exhausted last night and crashed by 9:30. I'm taking it easy today with a laid back 2 miles at lunch. 

Congrats to everyone who participated in the Austin Marathon this past weekend! I still can't wrap my mind around running 26.2 miles. I am usually beat after 6 or 7...but I WILL run a half marathon within the next year! 

02/18/2013: Miles run - 127.25 of 1000. Miles remaining - 872.75 of 1000 

No comments:

Post a Comment