IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Running Stats

Taking a page out of my Runners World Magazine, I wanted to share some stats they discovered after surveying women runners. 

Morning vs. Evening runs:
38% of people prefer to run in the evening vs. 62% who prefer to run early in the morning
I prefer to run in the afternoon. I'm NOT a morning person, so it'd be hard for me to wake up early to get my run in, and by the time 5:00 rolls around I'm tired from working and just want to relax. Noon is the perfect balance for me. I'm awake by then and I can get it out of the way. 

Favorite day of the week to run:
#1 - Saturday
#2 - Sunday
#3 - Monday
#4 - Wednesday
How about any day ending in "y"? :) I honestly don't have a preference and it makes no difference to me. Obviously, people tend to have more time on the weekends, but it's all about making time during the week as well. 

Most common culprit for skipping a workout: 
#1 - Fatigue
#2 - Work
#3 - Injury
#4 - Kids
#5 - Weather
#4 doesn't apply to me, but I have experienced the others. However, I don't believe weather should ever be an excuse for me. I have a treadmill in my house AND a gym membership. Fatigue and injury are legit reason to skip a workout, especially if it's going to prevent you from running again in the future. You don't want to do any further damage. I'd rather take a day or two off to recover, rather than push myself and be out of commission for a week or more. 

Runs per week:
One - 0%
Two - 5%
Three - 40%
Four - 26%
Five - 20%
Six - 8%
Seven - 1%
I think it's important to have AT LEAST one, if not two, rest days during the week, so I'm glad 7 runs a week has a low percentage. I try to get in 4-5 runs a week, depending on how close I am to my 20 miles per week goal. 

96% of people would work out twice a day if childcare, time and showering were no issue.
That's quite the majority. Check out my post about making time for your workouts, even if you have a busy schedule. 10 minutes is better than nothing, people! We can all make time to watch The Bachelor, right? Showering used to be a pain for me as well...especially as a female. Guys have it easy - no makeup, no styling of the hair, etc. I'm jealous. But now that I am able to work from home, I go days without wearing makeup and always have my hair up in a pony tail...attractive, I know.

Hope y'all found these stats to be as interesting as I did. Sounds like kids put a big ol' damper on your workouts! :) Kidding....kind of. 

02/07/2013: Miles run - 94 of 1000. Miles remaining - 906 of 1000 

2 comments:

  1. Love the stats...Very interesting, and I'm also glad to see that there is only 1% out there running 7 days a week!

    sugarcoatedsheridan.com

    ReplyDelete