IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Friday, February 22, 2013

The Phoebe Run

Last night, I set off for my second run of the day. I was planning on going with my mom when she got home from school, but she noticed a big puddle of water in our backyard. A pipe had burst from a tree root! Long story short, my uncle came over and fixed it, but she was in no state to go running after that. So I left without her...sorry mom! 

During my 3 mile run, I passed a man also running in my neighborhood. Since I live out in the country, I rarely see anyone else out exercising. He was running the opposite direction towards me and once I got closer I almost burst out laughing! But I kept telling myself I couldn't have him see me laugh so I had to hold it in until he passed.

What was so funny, you ask? 

He was running exactly like this video. Dead serious.


I love this episode of Friends and the attitude Phoebe has with running. One day, I hope I can let go and do this...even if it's just for a few seconds. 

Even though this man was very humorous, I have respect for someone who can run that way and not care what other people think. Proper form is important, but having fun is also a must for sticking with it. I hope I see him again soon! 

02/22/2013: Miles run - 137.25 of 1000. Miles remaining - 862.75 of 1000 


No comments:

Post a Comment