IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Friday, February 7, 2014

Upcoming Races + A Free Race Entry!

Happy Friday to All!

My juice cleanse is complete and I'm finally back to eating solid food (hallelujah)! My first meal back was a Mexican dish of tuna ceviche and chicken breast topped with salsa verde and a side of black beans...I died. I'm really going to try and stick with healthy eating and nourish my body to the best of my ability. 

I have a couple of races coming up in the next two months so I need to make sure and focus on eating things that will help me do well and cut back on the junk that will slow me down. 

I made some delicious no-bake oatmeal bars the other day (courtesy of the recipe on PB Fingers website here). They are scrumptious, healthy, and the easiest thing in the world to make. They literally took me 5 minutes to throw together and have less than 5 ingredients in them. I've been having one for breakfast the past few days, but I know they'll make an awesome pre or post race snack. Seriously so filling and full of fiber and protein! 



My next race is fast approaching. I'll be participating in the CowTown Half Marathon in Ft. Worth, TX on Feb. 23, while my amazing friend Kristen attempts her first Ultra Marathon (30 miles) during that same time...I can't even image running a full marathon right now, let alone a full + 4 more miles. But I know she's can do it! She's a beast...and I'll make her eat one of these awesome oatmeal bars beforehand for some added energy. 

I have two additional races scheduled in March. 

On the 22nd, I'll be running the Bearathon Half Marathon in the town of my Alma mater (GO BAYLOR)! Kristen will once again be by my side. 

On the 30th, I'll be back in Austin to compete in the BiggestLoser RunWalk Half Marathon. 
Side Note: Did anyone else watch the amazing transformations on this year's BiggestLoser season finale? WOW! So motivating and encouraging. 

 FREE ENTRY! 

And now for the good news: The BiggestLoser team has been gracious enough to give away a few free race entries to my readers! Leave a comment below telling me why you should win a FREE entry for either the Half or the 5k race on March 30th, 2014. 

3 lucky winners will be chosen Monday, February 24th. Good luck! 






No comments:

Post a Comment