IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Friday, January 25, 2013

Making Time

Today has been a very busy work day for me. For those of you who don't know, I am fortunate to have a job where I can work from home. Usually, I can make time to squeeze in my runs and workouts during my lunch hour, but today I found it challenging to find a time to do so. I even found it difficult to find time to make a quick meal to eat at my desk for lunch. 

Tonight, Jon and I are going to dinner and a movie (we're going to see Gangster Squad - I can't wait to see Mr. Gosling in action!), so I knew I wouldn't have time for the gym tonight.

Oh, hello....Here's lookin' at you, kid!

I ended up having a short 30 min. gap in my work schedule to knock out a quick 3 miles on Ol' Reliable in the basement before returning to my desk. By the way, the basement FREAKS me out! There's nothing in particular about THIS basement that's creepy, I think it's just basements in general that scare me. Even though this "lunch break" occurred at 2:30pm, it still felt great to take a moment to do something non-work related and have a change of scenery to clear my head (even if that change of scenery is a dark, cold basement).

It's important to make time for yourself to do whatever makes you happy. In my case, that thing is running...whether I have 10 min. or an hour, I always feel so much better afterwards. 

I love this quote:


Have a great weekend!


01/25/2013: Miles run - 64 of 1000. Miles remaining - 936 of 1000

1 comment: