IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder

Happy Earth Day! My foot is finally better and I cannot wait to get back into my normal exercise routine. Although April is technically still "Insanity Month," I'm going to wait to restart the program for May's goal. While my foot is feeling 95% back to normal, I don't want to push it and re-injure anything, so I'd rather start back with some lower intensity workouts for the remainder of April while attempting to stick to a healthy diet (weekends have been killing me lately)! 

But have no fear, I have received some help in the healthy eating department

A few weeks ago, a rep from Kiss Me Organics reached out to me to sample their Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder. I'm a lover of normal green tea, and I had heard of Matcha before, but I still wasn't 100% sure what is was or what made it so great. After doing a little bit of research, I decided to give it a go.

Some of the benefits of their Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder include:

  • ALL DAY ENERGY & FOCUS
  • ALL-NATURAL CALORIE BURNING BOOSTER
  • INCREASES BODY METABOLISM
  • IMPROVES SKIN HEALTH
  • 137x ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA
  • VARIETY AND FLEXIBILITY WITH RECIPES

"USDA Organic Matcha Green Tea can only be used in a powdered form because, unlike brewed green tea, it contains the entire tea leaf which dramatically increases the nutritional content." 

There are many ways you can consume Matcha. So far, I have only included it in my morning fruit smoothies, but apparently you can use it in baking, seasoning, cooking, or just drinking it with water/milk as you would normal tea. It's a great way to sneak in some healthy benefits without altering the taste too much. But fair warning, depending on the amount of powder you add, the color of your food might be green-ish (it's great for Christmas or St. Patrick's Day). 

Before adding it to my smoothie, I gave it a taste so I would know if it would alter the flavor at all. I assumed that it would be somewhat sweet (similar to a protein powder or shake mix), but it didn't have much of a taste at all...definitely not sweet! You only need 1/2 to 1 teaspoon per day to reap the listed benefits, so it doesn't take much. I incorporated a spoonful of the powder into my usual mix and enjoyed! 

The product is available exclusively thru Amazon.com and runs about $25.00 for a 4 oz supply. Depending on how much you use per day, that should last you anywhere from 24-48 days. 

I've only used it about 5 times so far, but I do notice having more energy throughout the day. I'll make sure and do an update on the other potential benefits after my first supply is gone! 


2 comments:

  1. Whenever I hear "Macha Green Tea" I think of Fredrik from Million Dollar Listing...he always has a drink on hand haha. I never quite knew what it was. This post is super helpful! Thanks! xo Kelby

    ReplyDelete