IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Zumba Zumba Zumba!

Other than running, I would say Zumba is one of my favorite workouts to do.

Last night, I went to a one-hour class at LA Fitness with my boyfriend's mom. I've taken many Zumba classes in the past at a few different locations, such as Gold's Gym, Uptown Energy Fitness in Dallas, and now LA Fitness, and every time I go it is always something new and exciting. Zumba is NEVER boring and always fun! It gets my heart rate going while making me think I'm just dancing, but it is actually doing quite a bit of work in my muscles (especially my legs). It can be a killer workout if you go "all out".

The music is upbeat and infectious, the instructors are usually very entertaining, and time flies (when you're having fun, right?!). I can burn anywhere from 500-1000 calories in an one-hour class. It tightens and tones my entire body without me even knowing it, by incorporating certain moves, such as lunges and squats, into the routine. Other workouts out there can be very difficult and when I feel like I can't do certain things, I get discouraged and don't go back again. Zumba is addicting, enjoyable, and I always look forward to going. There is usually a wide range of ages and ability in the classes I go to and everyone can adapt and do Zumba at their own level and pace. It's also not uptight at all and can be quite the social event! 

There are Zumba classes all over the world that you can take, but if you can't find one close to you, you can always purchase a DVD and do it right in the comfort of your living room on your schedule and time frame. There is a great Zumba package on Amazon you can order below to get started!

And by all means, we can't forget the cute workout attire! This stuff actually is affordable (unlike other brands out there).

Really quick Thank You to my blog readers! Over 2,000 page views in 3 weeks! Awesome :)

01/23/2013: Miles run - 53.5 of 1000. Miles remaining - 946.5 of 1000


 

No comments:

Post a Comment