IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Affordable and Fashionable Workout Gear

I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday. I'm so relieved I'm not sore from Monday's Body Attack class and yesterday's Body Pump at Gold's Gym. They were both tough, and I worked some muscles I haven't used in quite a while, so I was quite surprised. Today is my active rest day, which means I won't be doing any intense workouts at the gym or running, but I do want to do something active...such as take Cobalt for a walk or possibly yoga from YouTube.  

Yesterday, I came across some really nice workout gear on Pinterest. I clicked on the pictures to visit their website, but the clothes were so expensive! I've always wanted to buy something from Lululemon, since they have quality yoga and running gear, but I can never bring myself to pay $40 for a sports bra or $60 for athletic shorts. Even their "sale" prices are way too much. I could easily get 4 sports bras and 2 or 3 pairs of shorts for those prices at Target (my favorite store, by the way)! 

I started Googling to see what else was out there and came across many other stores similar to Lululemon. But once again, the prices were outrageous.

How cute is this sports bra?


Pretty darn cute, but there's no way I'm paying $34 (plus tax and shipping) for that. (Source)

I'd love for you to share websites or stores where you find affordable, yet fashionable workout items!

What girl doesn't want to look somewhat cute while working out? Yes, we're going to sweat, not have any makeup on, and have crazy hair beyond our control; so, why not control what you can and look great by wearing stylish clothes?

01/16/2013: Miles run - 36.5 of 1000. Miles remaining - 963.5 of 1000

10 comments:

  1. Though I'm male, I find my clothing can be an extra tool in my toolbox for motivation... who doesn't want to sport their new running shoes or workout attire... rather it be a shirt, shorts or new gloves... to me its like setting your new clothes out the night before the first day of school... lastly I've found you can find great deals on workout clothes at other alternative stores that aren't named Dicks Academy, or sports authority...Marshall's & Tj Max are a great place to start... love your insight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about writing about men's workout gear, but I obviously don't have that point of view, so thanks for adding!

      Thanks for the suggestion on places to search - I've had some luck at Dicks with basic gear but I'll have to dig around for some extra fancy stuff!! :)

      Delete
  2. I am a trainer and group fitness instructor, so I wear work out clothes everyday! I was buying a ton until I found Lululemon. Yes, I about cried when I bought my first pair of pants, but they have lasted a solid 2 years!! And I am still wearing them! It is pricey but they last and they have a warranty. I slowly buy stuff (thanks to gift cards for Christmas, etc.) and now have 3 pants and numerous tanks from them. It is worth every single penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about them! I might be more inclined to purchase something from Lululemon if I went to a store and tried stuff on first, to make sure it fits my body type properly, rather than order online...or maybe I'll just ask for something for my birthday in 2 months! :)

      Delete
  3. I am the same way. I usually just buy my workout clothes from Target but I have started splurging and buying some clothes from Brooks. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Brooks before - what kind of store is that??

      Delete
  4. This gear is really awesome and i really appreciate it very much.Good work,
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/athleticwear-athletic-shorts.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello how can we contact you personally?
    runningonthewall@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found this blog very informative. Thanks! People find different methods which helps them to reduce their physical or mental work pressure. Exercise is one of the methods that most of the people are using. To perform the exercise in a systematic manner, it is necessary to choose and wear perfect clothing that helps to carry out different workout activities. Few days back, I met a close friend of mine in a gym. She suggested me too, to visit a website, named as, bluefishsport.com, that provides a very nice collection of workout clothes for both men and women, as well as for professional athletes, fitness celebrities and media stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Article ideas very clear . Your writing style is very unique. I very much appreciate the articles you write . Hope you continue to create the beautiful works.Thanks a lot for sharing. 
    tank top

    ReplyDelete