IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ol' Reliable

Since it was 14 degrees out last night, Jon and I opted against braving the cold for a trip to the gym. Thankfully, there is some quality workout equipment in the basement that we were able to use. 

Jon lifted weights while I used the 500 year-old treadmill. :) Okay, so maybe it's not 500 years old...but it's definitely not one of the fancy ones you see at the gym. It's about 10 years old, give or take a few decades. I can't help but laugh when I use it because there isn't an up and down button to adjust my speed. Instead, my speed is measured by "turtle"or "jack rabbit." I'm not kidding! See for yourselves. 

Pardon the dust!

Needless to say, my 3 miles ended up being a tad slower than usual, due to the fact that my speed was "unknown". I DO know, however, that it was faster than a turtle, and slower than a jack rabbit. But, no complaining here...it got the job done!

Nice little set up, don't you think?

Has older equipment ever prevented you from getting your workout in?

01/24/2013: Miles run - 56.5 of 1000. Miles remaining - 949.5 of 1000

No comments:

Post a Comment