IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Let's Try This Again - June's Goal: Insanity

Meat-Free May is officially over! In a weird way, I kind of enjoyed trying to be a vegetarian. It was a challenge but still doable (thanks hippie Austin). I wonder how many animals I saved? :) 

I was completely meat-free for 24 days straight. Then my best friend's wedding occurred over Memorial Day weekend and I cheated a bit. At the rehearsal dinner, they catered Rudy's BBQ and I didn't feel like mac & cheese and cream corn would make up a well-balanced meal, so I had a few slices of turkey. For dinner at the wedding, they had the most amazing food prepared by an outstanding chef, so I caved and had to try some of the bison and salmon. After that, I was back on track to round out the 5 remaining days in the month. 

My first meal back was Chipotle (obviously) and it was everything I wanted and more. I debated on sticking with a vegetarian diet for a while longer, since I did enjoy it, but I know there are going to be times when I can't avoid it or really want Chipotle again, so I might just aim for Meat-Free Monday's. 

Now for June's Goal:

Back in April, I attempted to complete 30 days of Insanity. I kept at it for 12 days straight, but unfortunately I injured my foot during my last half marathon in mid-April. That put an abrupt halt on everything so I have decided to retry and make it my goal for June. 

I attempted Insanity around this time last year, but only completed about 2 weeks of it (I was more focused on running my 1000 miles). This time, I'm determined to finish a full 30 days! 


1 comment:

  1. Hello, just wanted to mention, I enjoyed this blog
    post. It was funny. Keep on posting!

    Feel free to surf to my weblog :: tampa auto accident lawyer

    ReplyDelete