IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday At Home Workout

Happy Friday! 

We all know by now that running is my preferred method of exercise. But sometimes I like to mix it up and work on my strength training. If I'm not taking a class at the gym, I usually incorporate some at home workouts 1-2 times a week. 

I ran 4 miles yesterday and played sand volleyball after work, so my cardio was taken care of. I woke up this morning and completed the below workout in my apartment (ceiling fan blazin'). 

Whether you have 10 minutes or 30, this workout can be incorporated to fit into any schedule. I completed each set 3 times and it took me around 30 minutes. If you only have 10 minutes, go through it once and call it a day! It'll still get your heart racing and you will definitely work up a sweat. 



In the 3rd Set, I used 8 lb dumbbells. Feel free to use whatever weight you're comfortable with. 

I've included some links below with pictures of some of the workouts, in case you might not be familiar with their names.

Glute Kickbacks
- Russian Twists
- Bird Dogs
- Downward Dog Ab Crunch 
- Squat Kicks

After I completed 3 rounds, I did about 5 minutes of random yoga stretching before it was time to get ready for work. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just recently found your blog and noticed your from Austin, TX. Me too!!

    I also love the workout that you posted. I'll be trying that one today. I posted a similar workout today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Austin is THE BEST :) It's so active and there is always something to do here. Your blog looks amazing - keep it up!!

      Delete