IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Running Tunes

Happy Rainy Hump Day to my fellow Texans...and wherever else it might be raining out there!

First off, I wanted to start out by saying a big THANK YOU to everyone who has been reading my blog and for all of the encouraging feedback I've been receiving. It's been exactly one week since I've started this blog and I'm proud to share that I've had over 630 views! That's amazing y'all! Thanks again and I hope you continue to keep reading and sharing my blog with whomever else might be interested in keeping up with my goal. 

Today I'm going to share some of my favorite running tunes. Listening to music while running pumps me up and gives me some much needed motivation to keep going the extra mile...pun intended :) 

My top 6 favorite current songs on my running playlist:
1. We Run the Night - Havana Brown & Pitbull
2. Turn Up the Music - Chris Brown
3. Let Me Love You - Ne-Yo
4. Anything Could Happen - Ellie Goulding
5. Catch My Breath - Kelly Clarkson
6. As Long As You Love Me - Justin Bieber....sorry guys, but it has a good beat!

My top 6 favorite songs of all time on my playlist:
1. Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson
2. Monster - Kanye West & Jay-Z
3. We Found Love - Rihanna
4. Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
5. Too Little Too Late - JoJo....Yes, I can run to somewhat slow songs...especially ones that I know all of the words to and always want to belt them out at the top of my lungs. Hey, that might be a great breathing technique! 
6. Get Me Bodied and Single Ladies - Beyonce (it's hard to pick just one of her songs!)


Of course there are many more on my playlist, but my go-to's are always Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Drake, Katy Perry, Paramore, and old school Usher...basically anything I can sing along to in my head.  

What are some of your favorite running/work out songs? I'd love to try out some new music at some point and see if it makes a difference in my runs. 

01/09/2013: Miles run - 19.5 of 1000. Miles remaining - 980.5 of 1000



4 comments:

  1. great post! I actually read an article once that listening to music boosts your endurance by 15% when working out. I totally believe it. Once my phone (i use it as an ipod) died in the middle of a long run and I could barely make it back haha. I felt like I was suddenly running up a mountain.

    i love the blog!! avid runner and health nut over here too. check me out at SoFitandSoGreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! Thanks for the comment - I just checked out your blog and it's been added to my RSS feed :) i love any health and fitness related blogs.

      Delete
  2. I always am looking for new songs to add to my running play list! When I download new songs, it always make my run that much better knowing that great new songs are coming up on my shuffle. Here are a few that get me really pumped up:

    I'm a Machine -- David Guetta
    New noise -- Refused
    Now You're gone -- Basshunter
    Smells like Teen Spirit -- Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thanks for sharing - I'm definitely going to check them out!

      Delete