IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Running in my sleep?

I've always thought of myself as a fairly calm, quite sleeper. But last week while I was in Pittsburgh, I was surprised to learn that I had started "running" in my sleep. No, I wasn't actually running down the street like I was sleep-walking (or should I say sleep-running? hardy har har), but rather dreaming about running and kicking my legs in a running motion while in the bed. Jon notified me one morning that I was kicking him in my sleep, but then continued to notice that it wasn't just a one time, accidental occurrence. My legs kept going....How is my body supposed to recover from running when I'm still moving?! 

I feel like this guy:

Maybe I have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome), but I think I can contribute my unpleasant sleeping motions mostly to my 1,000 mile goal. Talk about DEDICATION! Logging those miles and getting a workout in in my sleep...score! (Kidding) I'm just thankful I'm staying in the bed while running and not running around the house or outside in my sleep...I'd like to keep it on the safe side.

01/29/2013: Miles run - 73 of 1000. Miles remaining - 927 of 1000




No comments:

Post a Comment