IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Great Ocean Road Tour

Last week, Korie and I stumbled across a Groupon for a bus tour along the Great Ocean Road. This had been highly recommended to us a few times and on our list of places to check out. We confirmed with Janie that it was something she also wanted to do and went ahead and booked us on the Monday tour for $50 US each. 

It began with an early morning tram ride into the CBD. We found our tour bus and were off with about 50 other people by 8am. Around 9:30, we made a quick stop for tea and coffee. 

Then made our way to Port Campbell for lunch, followed by stops at the Loch Gorge, London Bridge and the 12 Apostles. Our tour bus was offered a discounted deal on a helicopter flight around the coast, so it was hard for Korie and I to resist. It was my first time ever up in a heli and I loved it! I was fascinated with everything. This really is the year of checking things off of my bucket list. 

Around 5pm, we headed back to Melbourne, where we called it a night and were in bed by 10:30. It was a long, but breathtaking, day! 


Note: I left my laptop back in Melbourne, so I'm posting from my phone. Apologies for any formatting errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment