IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Thursday, October 15, 2015

What I'm Taking to Australia

It's almost here! In 4 short days, I will be leaving the good ol' U.S of A. and starting off on our Australian adventure. If you missed my initial post regarding our trip, you can check out the Q&A here.

I covered most of the basic questions in that post, but one of the newer questions I've been getting is, "What are you taking?"

The short answer: One large checked bag. One carry-on size bag. A backpack.

The long answer....

Since their seasons are opposite of ours, when we arrive, it will be the beginning of summer. That means I don't have to deal with packing bulky winter clothes & boots (for now) and can fit more summery, light clothes in my bags. If I do decide to stay over there when their winter begins in June, I will either buy some clothes there or have my mom bring a few winter pieces over with her when she comes to visit around that time.

The big theme around this trip is "downsizing" and hopefully living a simpler life. I'm taking a handful of shirts & tanks, 3 pairs of jeans, 4 pairs of shorts, a couple of summery dresses, 3 light jackets, lots of bathing suits, workout clothes, PJs, and only 6 pairs of shoes. That doesn't sound like a whole lot, but when you throw in toiletries, hair supplies, make-up, a laptop, and other random little things, it doesn't leave a ton of space. I'm thinking I may actually need to re-pack a bit and make a few cuts or invest in a vacuum-sealed space saver bag.

I think that covers the bulk of what's going with me. If anyone has must-haves or suggestions from taking similar trips, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment