IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Ambronite Supermeal Review

A few weeks ago, a rep from Ambronite reached out to me to sample their new product, a drinkable supermeal powder. I had never heard of Ambronite before, but was curious to research it and see what it was all about. 

Ambronite is an organic drinkable powder that packs in a similar amount of nutrients you'd get from a well-balanced meal. It is 100% real foods with optimal amounts of nutrients, vitamins and minerals that our body needs to function daily. 



Their mission at Ambronite is to help busy people live life to the fullest with healthy meals made out of the most nutrient dense ingredients available. The powder is vegan, GMO-free, contains no added sugar, artificial flavorings or preservatives. 

Sometimes in our busy lives, we don't have a ton of time to make healthy meals at home and eating out can often leave calories and ingredients up to the imagination (as well as a nice dent in our wallets). Ambronite takes 2 minutes to prepare and each meal contains 500 calories (32% fat, 44% carbs and 24% protein). 

Here's a breakdown:




The first time I tried the powder, I shook it up with ice and water. It tasted pretty good (think oats and mixed nuts...very earthy), but the mix didn't stay combined very well and everything kept sinking to the bottom of my shaker. The next day I decided to go a different route and added water, ice and the powder to my Magic Bullet and blended it up...much better! Day 3 I played around a bit and added half of an apple and a handful of blueberries to add a punch of sweetness. It tastes good on its own, but the fruit really kicked it up a notch for my taste buds. I plan to continue mixing it up (no pun intended) and try out different recipes and combinations. 

Side note: each individual packet contains quite a bit of powder...almost too much for me. So when making my drinks, I only end up using a little over half of the packet, which really makes them go a long way. 10 packets could easily translate to around 15 meals for me (but that's just according to my preference). 

Ambornite is offering y'all 10% off your purchase when you use the code ATHOUSANDMILES10 at checkout (as well as a free shaker bottle for first timers). Let me know if you try it and what you think! 




Here's a full list of the ingredients:
Organic oats, organic coconut, organic lucuma, organic chlorella, wild bilberry, wild sea-buckthorn, organic brown rice protein, organic stinging nettle, organic rice bran, nutritional yeast, organic spinach, organic spirulina, organic almond, organic flax-seed, organic apple, mineral salt, organic brazil nut, organic blackcurrant

No comments:

Post a Comment