IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Friday, November 15, 2013

How I'll Be Running My Last Mile

I have finally decided how I will be ending my journey and running mile 999 in less than 46 days!!! It's probably not the healthiest or smartest decision I've ever made, but it's going to be so fun and I can't wait. My good friend Brett will be joining me and I encourage anyone else who wants to come to Austin and be retarded with us to participate. 

It's called The Beer Mile




What is The Beer Mile you ask? 

According to their website (yes, there is such a thing):
"The most common format of the beer mile requires a single participant to drink a full-sized beer, run a quarter mile, then repeat the process three times. This results in the consumption of four beers and the running of four quarter miles (hence the beer mile). The entire process is timed. The total time is often used as a measuring stick of competency."

There is a complete list of rules on their website and you must follow them in order to submit your results to be included on the list of over 17,000 entries from around the world. Apparently I'm not the only idiot who thinks this is a wonderful idea. 




Now the question is, what kind of beer do I go with? 

I have 134 miles left and 46 days to do it...Let's go! 

11/15/2013: Miles run - 866 of 1000. Miles remaining - 134 of 1000

1 comment: