IT ALL STARTED WHEN I RAN A THOUSAND MILES IN 2013...

Monday, January 28, 2013

Case of the Mondays

I hate to start the week off on a negative note, but today's afternoon run was not a good one. 

It started off great, with my first 2 miles each being 7:58 min/miles, but it went downhill from there. 

I planned on getting 6 miles in today, but only managed 5...and that was pushing it. A few factors that I believe contributed to my slow time of 46:30:

1. Since I've been in Pittsburgh the past 8 days in 15 degree weather, I haven't run outside in 10 days. It's a challenging change going from treadmill to terrain.
2. The weather here in Texas is 75 today and I haven't run in that kind of weather in months. 
3. My left knee was bothering me a bit - Unfortunately, I've had to cut back on taking the Glucosamine and Chondroitin because it was causing me to have an upset stomach (one of the side affects listed online). I will gradually work my way back into taking the full daily dosage, but for now I'm cutting my tablets in half.  I'm hoping my joints can deal. 
4. The bottom of my iPhone armband case broke mid-run, so I had to hold my phone (for tunes) the last 2 miles so it wouldn't fall out. 
5. Yesterday I traveled back home to Texas. I didn't get home until 1:00am and ended up only getting 6 hours of sleep (I usually am lucky enough to get 8-9 hours). I was exhausted this morning. 
6. Our neighbors have horses and it smelled like CRAP outside (literally), making it harder for me to breath. Oh, the joys of living out in the country. 

Yes, some of these factors are me complaining, while others may seem like excuses. But I'm taking today with a grain of salt and listening to my body. I will do better tomorrow! 

Only 3 days remain in January and I have 11 miles left to stay on track with my goal. I do have to say, I'm proud of myself for working out every day while in Pittsburgh, with the exception of yesterday and traveling. 

Side Note - Movie Review: If you read my post Friday, you know that the boyfriend and I went to see Gangster Squad. It was a really good movie and I highly recommend it. Ryan Gosling was beyond adorable. We also went to see Zero Dark Thirty on Saturday night. It was even better than Gangster Squad and I was surprised I was able to follow the entire story (usually with war movies, I get a little lost...especially when they use names and locations I can't understand or say). Both were fantastic flicks and get nothing but good reviews from me. 

01/28/2013: Miles run - 69 of 1000. Miles remaining - 931 of 1000

2 comments:

  1. Try the Omega 3-6-9 supplements, they are also good for joints. I stopped taking Glucosamine as well, and these make me feel 10x better!

    ReplyDelete